Friday, May 17, 2013

The beginning.

Welcome to the upcoming journeys of a Tenkara fisherman and his family. For a quick introduction my name  is Craig, and I became hooked on Tenkara fishing last year while I was doing research on getting into fly fishing. In general our family my wife and our son prefer to spend as much time outside as possible enjoying mother nature. I have been a fisherman most of my life and have enjoyed many years chasing Smallmouth and Walleyes, but after relocating last year I am able to spend many days chasing my favorite family of fish. They are the Trout family including the Rainbow, Brown, and Brook Trout. These guys put up an amazing fight, and the use of old Japanese techniques such as Tenkara rods which are a fixed line fly rod make this adventure so much more fun.


Many more posts will come as I have more time to post up my previous and my future adventures in Tenkara fishing, backpacking, hammock camping and bushcraft fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment