Friday, May 24, 2013

Iowa Trout Trifecta and my Preholiday Chase...

5-21-2013

Went out to a local stream and had no plans or thoughts I would pickup my Iowa Trout Trifecta here as the Brook Trout population is very small, and this is the first Brookie I have pulled from this stream in the year I have fished it. The trifecta is the catching of a Brown, Brook, and Rainbow Trout out of the same stream, though I managed to do it this winter at another stream I didn't have pictures of my accomplishment.

Brown:


Brook:



Rainbow:



5-24-2013

Just made a quick trip out before the holiday weekend starts and I hibernate from all the traffic and people running like cavemen through the streams. Fishing was slow, but i managed to land a nice Brookie and a small wild Brown. I did lose a few fish on missed hook sets of came off after a few seconds of playing them in the water.


Enjoy your Memorial Weekend everyone this kicks off the summer for many folks.

Craig


No comments:

Post a Comment